Tuesday, September 06, 2011

BTW...

I'm not sure what my fascination is with the Japanese culture.  I only know that I am extremely fascinated with it.  It all started from one drama many years ago and it grew from there.  The more dramas I watch, the more I understand their way and it makes me want to learn even more.  Watching dramas, I've learned words and phrases which, when I hear them now, I can say "I know what that means!!" and I don't need the subtitles for them :)  But I have a very long way to go before I can really understand enough.

I have no idea who, if anyone, is reading my blog.  IF there are any people from other countries, especially Japan, please email me.  I think I left my email visible...if I didn't please comment and I'll change it.  I want to write to people.  I need Japanese (male & female) "pen pals" so I can learn more.

When I started college, I was given an "Asian Studies" class which was taught by this Caucasian professor that had lived in Asia for some years.  I can't recall exactly where he lived since it was a long time ago...he wrote the text book that we used in class.  It was mostly Japanese, Chinese, and Korean history.  I still have the book though it's very worn and falling apart.  I didn't appreciate the class back then and if I had known then how hungry I would be now to learn, I'd have paid more attention.

I also was given a Chinese flower painting class which I thought was a lot of fun.  That professor, Mr. Liu, wrote the text book for that class as well.  I remember loving the class though, despite everything I did, I could not paint as well as I wanted.  I still have my sad attempts hidden somewhere in storage...and the book as well.  Whenever I come across them, I wonder if I'd be any better now that I'm older.  Maybe one day I'll try again.  For now, I'm busy learning Japanese words and phrases.  I also watch how they do things, and I try to understand when they are supposed to do certain things...I watch their reactions and the things they say in certain situations and I also try to understand why is it that this is what they say and what they do.  In all the time I've been watching and trying to learn, I've come to have a great respect for them and the customs.

Anyway, the whole point of this "BTW" post was to ask any Japanese people who come across my blog to please email me and teach me.  I don't care if you are a man or woman nor do I care what your age is.  I think there are many things I can learn from everyone.  I can learn current things from the younger people and totally different things from the older people.  I'll also take emails from anyone else from another country that is NOT Japan :D I don't mind from where...but I prefer from Japan so I can learn more.  THANKS!!!

No comments: