Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Episode 01 ~ My Love From Another Star/You Who Came From The Stars

I liked the beginning of this drama.  I'm not too crazy about Kim Soo-Hyun (Do Min-Joon); he has weird eyes and I don't find him that attractive.  As I watch "My Love From Another Star", I'm sure I will change my mind.  I have watched plenty of dramas where the lead or second lead guy is not very handsome and somewhere along the line, his personality wins me over and I'm head over heels for him!  But for now...Kim Soo-Hyun does nothing for me!

I don't quite like Gianna Jun (Cheon Song-Yi) either.  Not sure what it is about her that rubs me wrong.  I'm sure it's not the character because I've taken a liking to many bitchy girls in a drama; but this one is different.  It's still early in the drama yet so she may win me over anyway.

So far I like this drama.  I remembered to take a few early screenshots and I forgot to take some of episode 02 :P

I don't want to talk too much about the episodes because I have a habit of going on and on and I don't want to tell too much and ruin it for someone.

The gist of the drama is that Do Min-Joon has been on earth since the very early 1600s and is due to go back to his planet in three months.  In the 400+ years he has been on earth, of course, he has not aged.

There is an incident at the beginning of the drama where he saves a 15 year old widow from certain death by stopping time (screenshots below).  12 years prior to the present time, he rescues a girl from being hit by a truck and when he sees her, she is the spitting image of the 15 year old widow he once rescued.  He is hoping to meet her before he goes back to his planet but realizes that if it's meant to be, he will find that girl.  In the meantime, the girl now grown, has never forgotten the man who saved her.  She remembers seeing his face but does not remember what he looked like.

That's all I'll say for now because I can go on and on about this first episode but it's better if you watch it yourself!

Episode 01 Screenshots.  I made sure to share a gratuitous photo of Kim Soo-Hyun in the shower :)










No comments: