Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Shiroi Haru

I hit a bump in the road with "Ashita no Kita Yoshio". Apparently, downloading slows everyone else down so I can't download when everyone is up...I have to wait until overnight to do it. I was watching it on a streaming site but they decided I can only watch 5 min previews instead. Allegedly, I can watch the whole video IF I download their video player, which I did...but I found out afterwards that that video is no longer available to watch so I ended up uninstalling it and figured I'd wait to download what I don't have yet.

In the meantime, I'm watching "Shiroi Haru" (White Spring). I picked this one because of Hiroshi Abe. I started reading back some of my posts and I realized when I try to say a few words about the drama I'm watching, I end up saying too much SO...I'm going to start posting the synopsis I find on my D-Addicts drama wiki. They're short and to the point without all the details you get from me which might spoil something for you.

Former yakuza Haruo is finally released from prison after completing his sentence. With nine years worth of prison gratuities in hand, he stops at a restaurant to enjoy a good meal, but all of his money ends up being stolen. With nothing left, he spends the night at a net cafe, and he manages to look up his old friend from his yakuza days. When Haruo visits the next day, he learns that his old girlfriend Mariko was living with another man, but later died of illness. Haruo, who had committed murder 9 years earlier to earn the money for Mariko's medical treatment, is shocked and angered. He decides to track down that other man, who runs a bakery with his wife and daughter Sachi. Haruo later runs into Sachi at the park, but he has yet to find out the truth about her.

No comments: