Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Inu Wo Kau to Iu Koto

I'll have to post the screenshots from the last episodes of "Shinzanmono" when I have them.  In the meantime, I've already moved onto a new drama with 1 episode left to watch. Screenshots to follow...

Since I'm terrible at summarizing without telling too much,  here is the synopsis from one of my favorite sites.  There is one thing I do not agree with and I'll say what it is after you read it.


Yuji Hongo (Ryo Nishikido) has a wife and two kids. The family lives near the Tokyo Sky Tree tower. He once dreamed of becoming a musician in his college days, but eventually settled into a job as the manager of a human resource department for a mid-sized manufacturing company. His job is to tell other employees that they have been laid off. It is now Yuji Hongo turn to become informed he has been laid off.

Meanwhile, his wife Sachiko (Asami Mizukawa), who had taken the opportunity of her first pregnancy to marry Yuji Hongo, struggles under the load of working several part-time jobs to try to support their family of four. As their family seems to be fraying at the edges, their daughter Mako, one day, brings home a small puppy they name "Sky Tree." The dog helps to brings the family together once again...


Yuji's wife Sachiko, does not work several part time jobs.  She had one but was let go when her medical condition became a bit of a problem.  She looked for other jobs but did not find one.

I chose this drama because I wanted something either currently airing, which is hard to find, or something that just finished airing.  When I saw Nishikido Ryo (from "Last Friends" and "Ichi Ritoru Namida") I knew I had to watch it.  Last time I saw Ryo in a drama, he used to beat his girlfriend up. I loved him in Ichi Ritoru Namida (One Litre of Tears) it was a huge shock to see him in that DV role.  I was so glad to see him back in a nicer role.  It was really nice to see Mizukawa Asami as Ryo's wife.  I hadn't seen her in anything since she and Ryo were in "Last Friends" together.

This is another tear jerker.  I'm up to the last episode which I'm sure I will have to watch with a box of tissues next to me.  I guess tomorrow I'm going to spend some time looking for my next drama.  Come back tomorrow or Wednesday to see which one I choose!

No comments: