Saturday, December 16, 2023

Angel Flight - Episode 02 - DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE THWARTED BY TERRORISTS

 After an emotionally exhausting E01, I can't wait to see what this one is about.  The title of this episode doesn't make sense to me right now but maybe once I get into it, it'll explain itself and I'll be more clear on it!

This episode starts in Japan with Nami watching TV at 0200 when she gets a phone call from someone she knows.  She says "terrorism?" and by 1100 she is walking into a meeting room at Haneda Airport (officially known as Tokyo International Airport).  There is a briefing as to what happened in South Africa.  I think it involves a company named Mubadal.  I Googled it looking for a country as it sounded like it was a place not a company.  In reality, there is a company named Mubadala but right now I'm not sure if that's what this company is supposed to be.

The guy doing the briefing says that they have hired Angel Hearse to take care of bringing back the dead Japanese citizens.  He gives Nami the floor and she says a few words.

Soon after we get to know the people who were killed.

One victim was an older gentleman was away on business.  He had told his wife he was going to retire and leave the younger kids to run things.  He said they could make plans to go on a trip to a hot spring.

One victim was a young woman about Rinko's age (according to the conversation she had with the parents).  It was her first time abroad and she had been nervous about going.  In a flashback, the girl's mother said the place was sketchy.

Another victim was a younger man whose father says his son's wife is pregnant. He shows Nami a text from his son that says "I don't feel like a father yet, but when I look at you, I think that I just need to be kinda like you". He then calls his son an "idiot" for dying before his child is born.  They then flashback briefly to 2 months earlier with his son smiling and laughing with his pregnant wife before taking you back to the pregnant wife in the present time.  She is on the couch by herself looking at her phone where there is an article about the families on their way to Mubadal.  She begins to panic.  Her mother appears and tells her she needs to focus only on the baby.  So, at this point, I see Mubadal is a location but it is made up.

Once in Mubadal, Nami and Rinko are taken to an area where the bodies of the 6 deceased Japanese citizens are being kept.  Nami approaches the first bodybag and unzips it to reveal the older gentleman that was away on business.

I'm going to end my post here so I can watch the rest of this episode.  I've watched just under 12 minutes and a lot has happened already!

Sorry for the poor quality pic below of Nami with the first of 6 bodies.  It's so difficult to get a good screenshot nowadays



No comments: