Saturday, March 04, 2023

[2022] Reborn Rich - 재벌집 막내아들 - Episode 12

 There are 5 more episodes left, including this one.  I should be done either tonight or tomorrow morning.

I'm a little concerned about the end of this drama.  I read there are a lot of people who didn't care for the ending.  One comment said they should have kept the same ending as the webtoon.  I was planning to read the webtoon after I'm done with the drama anyway so I guess I'll come back here after I see for myself.  I'm planning to read it, but I may not have a chance to.  I have limited free time but I'll do my best.

Nearly 6 minutes in and while everything starts out kinda normal, it soon becomes apparent that chairman Jin Yang Cheol is definitely not well.

Just under 10 minutes later, a bombshell.  As before, just when it seems Do Jun to have outsmarted someone yet again, he finds out someone screwed him over.  He's got that surprised expression on his face when he figures it out but...was he really screwed over OR did he plan for that to happen so he could execute the rest of his plan???

A minute and change later...OMG!  Was expecting this but not really since it didn't seem like it was going to happen after the end of ep 11 and the start of this one!  

So all of it, after the ending of ep 10 was a plan.  I wonder who it was that they didn't trust that they had to detour?  The doctor?  Who else knew?  I don't really remember seeing anyone suspicious though.  I'm sure they'll explain what happened.

So, while I was waiting for that explanation, I realized that what I thought was part of the plan, was not part of the plan.  The "chairman's oldest grandson" just threw a little grenade into the mix and it looks like something is about to fall apart.

Wow.  Things are not looking good after that grenade landed.  Do Jun finds a way out and then, in the elevator... oops.  Do Jun was reborn and he had a mission once he realized what was going on.  I'm sure he hated all his "family" members including his grandfather, the chairman.  But in the elevator scene, it feels like he's come to actually care about his grandfather or maybe he's just a sweet human and feels badly for his grandfather?

Almost 1/2 way done with this episode and it's been one surprise after another!  Great, great show!


No comments: