Sunday, February 05, 2023

[2022] Reborn Rich - 재벌집 막내아들 - Episode 01

 I just finished Behind Every Star.  I'm looking forward to season 2 (not confirmed or even being talked about yet by tvN or Netflix.  The way it ended, it needs a season 2.  I recommend this one!


Okay now, episode 01 of Reborn Rich. I read that this was a good one so I started this one last night. Once again it started off slow for me.  I think I mentioned I figure this is mostly because I don't know who is who yet.  It was slow but interesting.

Yoon Hyeon-Woo has been working for Soonyang Corp for several years.  He was hired when he was just out of school and knows pretty much every little detail about the company.

He's a loyal employee doing as he's asked and doesn't ask any questions.  He also looks after the family and is treated like a servant.  

At a beginning of the episode, the first few minutes are of Hyeon Woo having a large sum of money being deposited into his account.  He walks out of the bank and then we go back (I think it was a week prior?) to see how he got to that point.

The story starts on a day when the unveiling of a bust of the founder of Soonyang, Jin Yang-Cheol was to happen.  Hyeon Woo e meets with a new employee under him, Shin Kyung-Min. Kyung-Min admires Hyeon-Woo and he is completely star struck when he meets him.  He asks Hyeon Woo to teach him everything because he aspires to be just like him.  So Hyeon Woo takes him under his wing.

Just about at the end of this episode, there is a HUGE twist that I didn't see coming at all.  I have to confess though, I'm really bad about predicting where a story is going when I watch American TV shows but Asian dramas are quite predictable when you've watched enough.  I've been watching since the early 90s and this twist got me good.  By the end of this episode I was completely hooked!

No comments: