Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Bambino!

I have two objectives with this blog. First, I need to keep track of all the dramas I'm watching. I had no idea I had already watched as many as I listed. The second objective, which should really be the first...is to get people to watch them. They're not like soaps as we know them. I mean, to a certain extent yeah, some of them are because the whole point of the plot is the boy/girl meet, they can't be together and in the end they are...but it takes only 10 to 13 episodes to do it. It's not an endless black hole of garbage. AND...they aren't always about getting the couple together. "Bambino!" wasn't about that. It started with a couple but it didn't end that way.

So...I'm going to write a little bit about the shows I'm watching and then I'll try and add some clips. I'm hoping some of the plots will be interesting enough that you'll actually want to watch them.

I'm going to introduce the J-drama "Bambino!". I already finished watching this one though it's not on my list...I still have to create a little thingie for it so I can put it on my list.

After having watched Hana Yori Dango, I was totally crazy for Matsumoto Jun and so of course I had to watch another drama with him in it. I chose "Gokusen". I'm not quite done with that one
actually, I think I have 3 episodes left. Anyway, I liked that one so far but he's pretty much the same type of character in that story. In HYD, he was a bully and so he was in Gokusen. I read somewhere that they liked him in Bambino! because for a change, he played the underdog. So I watched the first episode and I loved it. The theme was about food so THAT was a plus.

This first clip is only about 7 minutes long. I notice that blogger's video screen is kind of small...I'm not sure if you'll be able to read the subtitles...

Matsumoto Jun stars as college student Ban Shogo who works at an Italian restaurant with this fiance, Eri. It's up to the part where he steps into the restaurant of his Spring break job in Tokyo. Ban is from the country so having him go to Tokyo is like a culture shock.



The second clip starts once Ban enters Trattoria Baccanale and is greeted by the head waiter. This guy is very good looking, in a gay guy sort of way...He comes off as gay but no real hints as to if he is or not. Either way...really nice to look at. Clip ends when he is introduced to the kitchen...




The third clip starts from his first look at the kitchen up to when he has his first disaster.




I guess I'll leave you with this FOR NOW. I'll post the last of the first episode soon.

No comments: