Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Girlcir (Gal Circle) & Canned Coffee

Girlcir turned out to be not such a bad drama after all.  I managed to make it through the first episode and by the end, I decided it was worth watching.  It seemed a bit silly in the beginning but eventually, it made sense in a comedic sense.  It was a bit dumb since right at the beginning you have a Japanese looking cowboy (which we find out is from Arizona...) parachuting into a city in Japan.  You assume he's going to talk a lot of English (coming from Arizona) but he did not.  There were English sentences and words here and there in a pretty heavy Japanese accent which didn't make sense.  He's aloof and has been away from Japan for so long, he doesn't understand certain words.  Anyway, it's worth watching because it's funny and it's a typical drama.  There are lessons to be learned by the girls in the popular Gal Circle "Angel Heart" and the cowboy is the one who teaches them.  It wouldn't be a drama if you didn't learn a lesson.

A lot of the dramas I've been watching have scenes of people drinking canned coffee.  So, when I went to the store this past weekend, I found a small can of "Kabuto" Café Latte which I purchased and I'm drinking now.  I have to say it's not a typical tasting coffee...I don't know if it's the can or the brand so I'm going to have to seek out another brand to compare it.

No comments: