Saturday, July 25, 2026

T-shirt ga Kawaku Made | Tシャツが乾くまで | Until the T-shirt Dries | [2026] | Episode 01

Once again, I pulled up Netflix to watch The East Palace (Before going back to Human Vapor) and I got the ad for Until the T-shirt Dries as soon as I opened it.  This was already on my watchlist but I felt compelled to start it because, of course, why not?  I have room to start another one.

I am just under 20 minutes into this first episode and for 15 minutes of it, I was a little confused until I realized there were 2 couples being shown.  I'm really bad with faces and worse with names.  This is one of the reasons for my "Three Episode Rule".  On the first episode, I'm just trying to learn who is who and it's usually pretty easy because there's a main guy and a mail girl.  When the episode starts they either know each other and are already interacting or they don't know each other so we get to know them separately and eventually, they will meet.  Either way, it's not confusing because we know who they both are and it's even easier when one or both are bigger stars that I've watched before.  None of the actors in this drama are a big star to me.  I've been gone from J-dramas for many years now so if one of these actors is actually a big star, I don't know it yet.  It will take me some time to figure that out again.

Okay so, the show starts with a couple.  They seem to be okay.  The woman is drying clothes "again" because they have a "wash & dry" machine and the dryer part has not been drying the clothes well so she has to do it a second time.  Her husband comes down the stairs and says he's done cleaning upstairs and she thanks him.  Then there is another couple with a child.  I hadn't seen the first couple long enough to remember them so when the next scene happened, I thought it was the same couple but now their son was there getting ready for school.  I thought, okay, this is a different day.  Ten minutes later I realize there are 2 couples.

One of the women is a fashion editor at a bridal magazine, I think and her husband is a manager at a coffee shop.  I'm not sure yet what the other couple does.

The woman with the dryer issue goes to the laundromat to dry a few clothes and the husband of the other couple is there doing his laundry.  The woman looks confused as she walks in.  She goes to the "wash & dry" machines and asks the guy if he is there drying clothes.  She tells him she just needs to dry clothes.  He points her over to the dryers and she puts her clothes in.  She then realizes she doesn't have change so she pulls out money to get change but the guy gets up and tells her he'll take care of it.  She wants to pay him back and he tells her it's fine.  So she tells him it's hot in there so she will get him a cold drink.  He tells her he's fine but she walks out the door to go to the store and she returns with 2 bottles of water.  She puts the change and a water bottle on the table and says thank you.  She says she accidentally bought 2.  They do a little small talking and realize they both live in the same area.  When their clothes are done, they walk back together.

When they reach the woman's home, she points out that's her place and says goodbye.  The guy keeps walking and then stops and looks over (towards the house i assume).  He had a creepy stalker look on his face but I could be wrong how this is about to go.

The woman is in the kitchen when she tells herself she supposes she'll fold the clothes.  She sits down and her phone rings.

The man is also at his home about to fold clothes when his phone goes off and he answers it.

The woman races out of her home and tries to flag down a taxi.  A taxi zooms by her and you see that it is the laundromat guy and he's asking someone to pickup his son.

They are both on their way to the hospital where you find out there was a bus accident where the woman's husband and the guy's wife were passengers.

Laundromat guy is sitting in the hospital looking a a dirt covered wallet he's taken out of a bag when his sister arrives with his son.  The guy starts talking about paying back his sister for the sushi the kid ate and the ride they took to get to the hospital.  The sister says to the child that his father is busy and maybe he would like to spend the night with her.  The boy says yes and she takes him to her home.  As he's walking away, he tells his father to tell his mother he ate 5 plates of sushi.  When they are gone, the guy starts sobbing.

The woman is in a room with 2 police officers.  There's a table with some items in baggies and one officer asks her if any of her husband's belongings are there.  She spots 2 items and asks if she can take them home.  They tell her she can.  There's a bit of silence and then the woman asks "when will you be able to recover my husband?  Tomorrow?  The day after?..." and she starts to cry.  The officer said they will search for him with all their might.  The woman asks if there were any survivors and they tell here there were not.

So, I will watch the end of this episode and then I'll go watch The East Palace and go back to Human Vapor before going back to this one again.

Summary from mydramalist.com that they go from dramawiki.  From what I have seen so far, this summary is not correct unless I have not yet gotten to the part where it makes sense.  For now, this is wrong but mostly correct imo.

Sakiko is a 40-year-old editor working at a publishing company.  While she is competent at her job, she can be a little lazy and absent-minded in her personal life.  The story unfolds with Sakiko and her husband get involved in an accident with another couple.  This incident causes the happy lives of both couples, which they had taken for granted, to suddenly crumble.  Moreover, the "third Friday secret" involving her husband, comes to light.





No comments: