Friday, September 01, 2023

Why Didn't I Tell You a Million Times? ~ 100万回 言えばよかった

 After I finished S02 of Dragon Zakura, I needed another J-drama to watch.  Found this one on Netflix.  I chose it because I recognized Ken'ichi Matsuyama.  It's been a really long time since I watched J-dramas regularly so it's very rare that I will recognize any of the actors' names.

So, I recognized Ken'ichi Matsuyama's face and I proceeded to look at the names of the other actors in this drama and I saw one I knew.  Mao Inoue.  Our precious little Tsukushi Makino from Hana Yori Dango!  Once I saw she was in it, I knew I had to watch this. It's been nearly 20 years since I first saw her.  Since J-dramas were really difficult to find back then, I never really got a chance to see anything else she did after the last movie.  I will be making a list of her dramas and movies and will make sure I watch as many as I can find!

As I started to watch the first episode, it was slow.  I have this problem when I start.  I want to get to the "good" part right away lol.  It wasn't until almost halfway through the episode that I realized the girl I was watching was Mao Inoue.  The more I looked at her face, the more she didn't look like her but at the same time, she did.  It's years later and she is now 36 YO!  She was only 18 when she first took on the role of Makino.

I watched the first episode and just loved it by the end of it.  I started E02 but had to stop watching because it was late and I had to get to bed so I could get up early for work.  This weekend I plan to watch a couple of more episodes since it's Labor Day weekend and I'll have time!

I am still trying to figure out how I can bypass the black screen thing so I can make screenshots.  I miss doing that.




No comments: