Sunday, January 19, 2014

Xing Fu Di Mian Tao ~ 幸福的面条 ~ Happy Noodle

I had never watched a C-drama before I decided to watch "Happy Noodle".  Only reason I wanted to watch it was because Yoon Si-Yoon was in it.  I started to watch the first episode until I realized Si-Yoon's part was dubbed.  I suspected it would be but I was really hoping it wasn't.  I was disappointed anyway.  I guess that pretty much turned me off because I was looking forward to hearing his voice.  That face and that voice *SIGH*...

Today I decided to try again.  I had my hands full with J-dramas and I wasn't looking to watch any K-dramas yet but I found "Pretty Boy Next Door" (DF kept advertising it all over the place...how could I resist?) and that's where I fell for Si-Yoon.  That was all it took for me to get into K-dramas.  I'm pretty sure though that if I watch "Happy Noodle", I'm not going to get hooked on C-dramas.  At least I hope not.

So..."Happy Noodle" is the story about noodle chef Jiang Xiu Can (Yoon Si-Yoon) who enters a noodle eating contest in order to win a ticket to Hanzhou so he can find his father.  That's all I remember from watching the first time.  Going to watch episode one in its entirety and then I'll post how it went.

In the meantime, screenshot from episode 1...


No comments: